View Single Post
Old
10-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
The reasoning behind it isn't hate for higgins. It's the fact that our top 9 is pretty full. We have Pacioretty who needs to come up, latendresse who cannot be demoted to the 4th line because he's been great. There just isn't any room for higgins unless he's going to perform as the 70-80pt guy we all projected him as.
Pacioretty doesn't have to come up, he has trouble enough adapting to the AHL at this point.....His overall game is far from ready at least not this year to compete in this level.

While it's not hate, I don't mind seeing Higgins name popping up in trades idea 'cause he has actually a nice value, he's still a player we don't want to let go, but to have some you need to give some. I obviously prefer to see Higgins name than Dandenault's....

Having said that, I would have to see a guy that bleeds red white and blue being traded. Sure everybody that is playing here loves it and all, but you do have the feeling that Higgy likes it a lot here and would be devastated. He'll get over it, still as far as fan point of view, you always like to keep the guys who'll do everything for the team they like so much. I think we haven't seen his ceiling yet, so I wouldn't trade him.....again....especially for a guy so injury prone, a guy that will make our salaries go way up, a guy that if everything that is said about his demands as far as his salary his concerned, is truly desilusional and could end up being a headcase. What will it do to the chemistry....we don't know.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote