Gaborik Rumor Thread Part II
View Single Post
10-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by
Actually the question is who stays.... at 8million for Gaborik we can probably only afford one of the three....
With Gaborik, i believe we could still keep 2 of them. No Gaborik, and i do believe we could squeeze in all 3. This based on the following assumptions:
1) Lang goes. Replaced by Chipchura or Maxwell.
2) Higgins and Plekanec get AK type money (roughly 3 million each)
3) Dandeneault, Bouillon, Begin and Brisebois go. Replaced by Stewart, D'Agostini/Pacioretty, Weber/Emelin/Valentenko.
4) Koivu, Kovalev and Tanguay all get nominal raises. (Koivu stays around $4.75, Tanguay and Kovalev around $5.5)
5) Komisarek gets 5 million.
If this happens, then given the current situation i believe we can fit this in the cap, assuming the cap doesn't go down.
Based on my numbers we could be looking at the following for next year:
Alex Tanguay-Saku Koivu-Guillaume Latendresse
Andrei Kostitsyn-Tomas Plekanec-Alex Kovalev
Max Pacioretty-Chris Higgins-Sergei Kostitsyn
Maxim Lapierre-Kyle Chipchura-Georges Laraque
Andrei Markov-Mike Komisarek
Roman Hamrlik-Ryan O'Byrne
View Public Profile
Patty Roy's albums
Find More Posts by Patty Roy