Thread: Pavol Demitra
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2004, 06:59 PM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
LOS ANGELES TIMES: Mike Bresnahan reports Ziggy Palffy says he won't return to the Kings, instead preferring to sign with a legitimate Stanley Cup contender. Palffy told a Slovakian newspaper he's over thirty and wants to win the Stanley Cup. This came as a surprise to Kings GM Dave Taylor, who said his agent kept insisting Palffy wanted to remain with the Kings

I get a kick out of Dave Taylor. He does nothing to replace the scoring of Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh and then has the audacity to say that he's surprised that Palffy is wanting to leave. If I were Palffy, I'd want to leave too. Taylor is viewed as some kind of genious, but what has he done to make the Kings better? Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm sure though there will be a lot of people who'll defend him and say he's built up the farm system and they have all kinds of quality prospects. That's fine and dandy, but prospects don't win championships. Having a championship calibre team does and LA doesn't have it. Shame on Taylor for replacing talent with mediocrity and then acting surprised when one of his superstars wants to leave.........