View Single Post
Old
07-03-2004, 08:09 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
as i said it all depends on which role you want the new free agent to play. If you want a top line player who can play defense, dish the puck, backcheck and be the go to guy its clearly Conroy. No doubt about it.
Rolston was never the main man anywhere he played. He skated behind thornton on the lower lines in Beantown so he never faced the other teams top checkers. Signing rolston to be a top line player is tantamount to putting holik on the the top line. The ranger fans will be howling for rolston's head when he is checked into mediocrity by john madden and keith primeau. Since they played against Thornton last year rolston would be in for a major wakeup call.
Conroy on the other hand is big, a major league skater and has decent numbers http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=1078
If rolston is signed to play the wing, that would be great but conroy is the #1 center the rangers need not rolston.
Ideally they sign both... but I don't think that will happen. My preference is for kids on the 2nd line, which is where rolston belongs so if they sign one guy it should be conroy. Or matvichuk but that is for another thread.