View Single Post
Old
10-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
B y the way, talking about Theodore, do any of you guys remember the start of the 2005/06 season? The Canadiens were winning games left and right, and were doing very well. However, every night that fall, it seemed like everyone had an issue with Theodore's goaltending. I was the biggest Theodore supporter (as was FOTS, IIRC), and continued to defend him. The criticism got so big (despite us winning games), that I had to start an "Official Jose Theodore thread," in which fans would post after every poor performance.
I was a huge Theo backer, however to this day I think he was being overcriticized in the early going of the season, just like I think Huet was being overcriticized last season. However Theodore's play that season just fell off a cliff in December/January and at that point it was clear in Montreal he was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Hell, we all saw how Detroit was when they lost Lidstrom due to injury...
I hate this myth. Detroit did not simply regress when Lidstrom got hurt. They had lost 9 of 10, then Lidstrom got hurt, and they dropped 3 or in 5 after that. Lidstrom getting hurt had absolutely NO IMPACT on Detroit's 2nd half slide last season.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-21-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote