View Single Post
Old
10-21-2008, 05:20 PM
snakeye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
B y the way, talking about Theodore, do any of you guys remember the start of the 2005/06 season? The Canadiens were winning games left and right, and were doing very well. However, every night that fall, it seemed like everyone had an issue with Theodore's goaltending. I was the biggest Theodore supporter (as was FOTS, IIRC), and continued to defend him. The criticism got so big (despite us winning games), that I had to start an "Official Jose Theodore thread," in which fans would post after every poor performance.

Wow, we've come a long way. Theodore was absolutely brilliant in 2002, and in the 2004 playoffs against the Bruins (Games 5-7). However, as time has worn on, I am relieved he isn't here anymore. We're much more solid and reliable, night in and night out with Price and Halak.
Oh I remember that. He pretty much started sucking after signing his big ass contract, but people were in denial and kept making up excuses for his poor performances, saying stuff like "if it wasn't for Theodore LAST GAME, we would have lost". Then he kept getting worse and worse, and people started waking up.

Yeah, glad that's over.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote