View Single Post
Old
07-04-2004, 02:12 AM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
I don't know. It's from the ever reliable Larry Brooks. But if it somehow is true, then both teams can improve. However, this bodes well for Boston's currently dim future in terms of prospects so they have something great to look forward to with Horton and Bowmeester and Weiss possibly breaking through. The Panthers could make it with a franchise guy like Thornton but then he won't get any attention or excitement out of playing to half-empty crowds in Florida. Also, to let go of the three youngsters for Joe is a mistake. I think Horton and Weiss would be passable, but adding in Bowmeester? If you're giving up him it'd better be a straight up deal but even paired with Weiss or Horton in a trade, it's a mistake. He can be a #1 d-man and Horton a power forward with Weiss being a two-way standout. Instead they'll get the moody Thornton who I'm sure Keenan is high on, but it could get fiery.
All these trading, signing rumours makes me detest Mike Keenan even more. He is way past his prime like Sather. At least guys like Al Arbour went out on top. He is too much! He only seems to want guys he's coached, usually has veteran-laden teams ever since the days of the Hawks. He'll ruin the Panthers somehow. I guess it helps us in the future progression through the ranks.

P.S. We need an elite scoring winger still!!!