View Single Post
Old
10-21-2008, 11:20 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Chipchura is a big member of the future,
& has the ceiling of being one of the best 3rd liners who ever lived. + He does still have untapped potential. He was the top pick in his WHL draft, and was at one point rated as the # 1 pick. Chips has offensive potential, he had to have it to get noticed by WJC selection comittee.

Chips is a rare breed of NHL'ers that are usually found on Championship calibre clubs.
I basically agree with this, though I also think that to hit the potential you describe, Chips is going to have to move a bit faster from point A to point B on the ice, and I hope he works on this as hard as Gui did on his skating.

The thing is I was quite positively impressed with his play Monday night. Seeing the game live at the Bell Center, I actually focussed in on Kyle for two shifts, which is something you can't do watching the game on TV. I can tell you that his instinct for the game and his play away from the puck is among the best I have ever seen in a young player. Also, despite his lack of experience playing against grown men, he wins a strong majority of his one-on-one battles for the puck.

These are traits that championship teams do need. I think Kyle will be a permanent member of the team by next year latest. To me, it's not a competition. I like Higgins AND Chips AND Sergei!

Go Habs go!

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote