View Single Post
Old
10-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Richyrich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I never said it was a goalie controversy but its an 82 game season, you play the goalie thats playing better, and wait for the real #1 to get his head in the game. Nitty is known for being very hot and cold so if Biron is slumping and Nitty is playing well you might as well take advantage of it and use him while Marty gets himself straightened out. Its not like they said OK from here on out they are splitting games until one pulls away. Biron can shake off the rust and build confidence in practice getting tons of shots. I have no problem sitting a struggling goalie for a game against a high powered offense and then playing him the next game against a stuggling offense, especially when the other goalie earned himself another start by stealing us a point(something Biron has not done at all this season). Best case scenario, Biron gets the competetive juices goign and is focused for the game against a stuggling offense and earns himself a 2-1 victory. Just one or two good starts in a row will boost his confidence and let him roll with the #1 spot for good and play 4 out of every 5 games. The sharks throwing 45 shots at him might not be the best way to build up his confidence.
I didn't mean to imply that you thought there was a goalie controversy... more that there were a few others who have said there was. You make some good points, tho, about not starting Biron until friday against the devs....

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote