Thread: WCHA Thread
View Single Post
Old
10-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckFan01 View Post
I saw quotes from players (Swanson for instance) in which it was said they simply got outplayed. The reality is games are a matter of one team executing better than the other. Effort is a judgment call that is often as a psychological ploy by the coach with his team. A team can put in their usual hard work but look worse than usual because their opponent is just better that particular game (or just better in general). They simply got outskated for most of the weekend and out executed on special teams.

The better team won both games.
I didn't say the better team didn't win both games, but if you call what you saw on Friday "hard work" then SCSU is screwed for the entire season, not just last weekend.
You have your opinion and I have mine, not to mention that pretty much everyone I've talked to (save you) has said St. Cloud did not play hard especially in the Friday game and this includes some very hard core Gopher fans.
I give credit to MN, they kicked our butt and deserved to win.
But after watching the players on this team for the past 2-3 years, that was not a good effort and they were not working hard.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote