View Single Post
10-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by
Thank God the Gaborik rumours can now come down a notch, not that Gainey saying anything is going to stop the rumours from happening.
Exactly. Carbo came out and said that the rumours were ridiculous a week ago and it didn't stop anything.
Let's see, what are the logical reasons why we wouldn't trade for Gaborik?
1) The Habs can't fit him under the cap this year.
2) Resigning him would mean losing 2-3 key players off our team next year.
3) The Habs don't have a pressing need to add more offense, and thus aren't likely to overpay for Gaborik.
4) On top of everything, although a great talent, Gaborik has shown a tendency to be injury prone, making the risk huge in paying to acquire him on the hope of resigning.
5) Gainey said so.
6) Carbo said so.
7) Gainey makes trades like a ninja kills people. You never know what's going to happen before it hits you. We would not hear this much about a trade before it happens.
What are the reasons in support of the Gaborik rumours?
1) Eklund said it.
2) GABORIK !!1
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by LyleOdelein