View Single Post
Old
10-24-2008, 08:41 AM
CH4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
And we've got Pacioretty, D'Agostini & Maxwell knocking at the door while Chipchura can't crack the top 12 right now. There will still be a logjam next year, and that's not even getting into the argument about whether another grinder should be brought in to replace Begin & Kosto.

So at most, we lose 3 of the 12 regular forwards(not including Dandy). That's easily filled with the talent we have right now in Hamilton. Perezhogin complained about playing on the 3rd line last time, I hardly think he'd want to come back to the NHL for less money & less ice time than he's getting now, & he's definitely not beating out the Kostitsyns, Latendresse or Higgins for a spot. That's not even taking into account the chemistry of the team.

If there's any concern in the summer of 09, it's finding a center, not another winger.

Best thing to do is try to get something for his rights & give him a chance elsewhere in the league if he wants to return. I'd like to think with the success of Brunnstrom a few GMs would be interested this year & would ask to contact him.
I would re-sign Kosto
Don't forget a good grinder we have in the pipeline; Stewart.

We don't need Perez anymore, If he wants to come back his rights will get dealt.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote