View Single Post
Old
10-24-2008, 08:18 PM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Pavelec would be a great fit here. I don't think Atlanta is in any rush to trade him though and I could see them asking for one of our top prospects back. I'm very iffy on giving up a Giroux, JVR, or Nodl for Pavelec.

As for trade bait on the team, I'm still of the opinion that out of our forward group that Knuble, Hartnell and Upshall are the most movable of the group. Can't see Lupul being moved because he has great chemistry with Richards.
If they are indeed looking for a goaltender, I would like to see them get someone who has proven themself at the NHL level and not someone in their second professional season. Pavelec may turn out to be a good NHL'er, but, for now, his pedigree is no better than Niittymaki's after he won a Calder Cup (Niitty's pedigree might have been a bit higher since he was MVP of the playoffs too).

But, as you say, Atlanta is in no rush to trade him, especially given how injury prone Kari Lehtonen has been.

That said, at this stage of the season, it seems highly unlikely that they could make a trade for a significant upgrade in net.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote