View Single Post
Old
07-05-2004, 08:43 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Tyutin-Poti
Rachunek-Kaspar
Kondratiev-Mironov/Yuskevich?

I know Poti isnīt well liked. I am not exactly a fan of him either but IF there excists any scenario where he is going to step up its as a top guy on a young D crop. I donīt think anyone can questions his tools. Potiīs biggest problem is confidence, confidence and again confidence. Poti has shown before that he can log allot of minutes, something which canīt be said about Mironov and Kaspar. I am not saying that I expects Poti to ever be a Norris candidate but there are 30 teams in the league, 60 defensemen who plays on a first D pairing and Poti in his prime should be able to to be one of them.

I also think that Kaspar is going to step up like he did in Pittsburg when they had young and "soft" D corp. Its also a mental thing, I am willing to bet that Kaspar would play the best hockey of his life if he were on a ECHL team playing against the Stanley Cup champs. Look at Ruslan Salai who looks like Ray Bourque when he plays for Belarus in international competition...

Pock is a very good player but I donīt think its a good idea to play him with Kondratiev and if the two of them figths for the same spot Maxim will win. Pock has only played D for 2 years. A season or two in HFD wonīt hurt him.