View Single Post
Old
10-24-2008, 09:55 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Luke Adam with an awesome play tonight to get a penalty shot...

Coming down on a dman one-on-one he seriously made him the D look like a fool, then Adam cut to the middle and the defenseman tried to stop him from behind, Adam leaned on him and with his strenght managed to pull away and keep the puck on his stick, the guy held him with his hand so Adam couldnt get a good shot off and got a penalty shot. You have to see the sequence to really appreciate Adam's speed, strenght, hands, skills, tenacity, all at once on the same play.

And on the penalty shot Adam showed off his hands, forehand, backhand, forehand, then faking the goalie to his backhand tried to go high glove side, but Clermont barely made the save and was searching the puck afterwards, it was lost in his equipment, but I think Adam failed to lift the puck enough to score. It was a really nice display of Adam's puck skills, I'm telling ya, this guy is the complete package.

His only weakness from what I've seen so far of him appears on his stats line: his +/- is -2, which is bad considering most of Montreal's primary players have solid +/- ratings, but I don't think it's a really good indicator to Adam's defensive play who I have to admit needs a little bit of work, but he will get there in no time. You just can't teach his combination of size, strenght, speed and skills, you just cant.

I know I have said in the past that he is a defensive minded forward, and I think that's the consensus on him, but the more I see him play the more I think he is an offense first player that ALWAYS helps out the D, but his positioning his lacking in the D zone a little bit but it will improve, believe me Pascal Vincent, the head coach, knows a thing or two about teaching a kid to play defense.

I love this player. What a gem.
+/- is such a horrible stat to begin with, so the fact that he's a -2 doesn't bother me if observers (like you) say his defensive game is fairly solid (and we know his offensive game is). Thanks for the update.