View Single Post
Old
10-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

vCash: 500
I still wouldn't trade Staal unless by some miracle, we were able to acquire Brad Boyes, David Booth or Jay Bouwmeester (and an extension agreement) for say Staal, Letang and a pick. I'm not a big fan of Gaborik, his groin is glass and he'll walk for more money at the end of the season (since his asking price is out of the question for the Pens), and I'm not sold on Antropov either. He's a big, physical guy but nearing 30, and I don't think he'd have the wheels for Sid's wing.

Staal's made me eat my words as far as moving him to the wing and shown again that he's an awesome 3rd line center, but I just don't think he'd be happy as a Penguin if it meant 3rd line center or a winger to be bounced around from line to line, so perhaps a trade is the only option for Shero. If Staal's really as unhappy as some reports make him out to be, then I would hope Shero would strongly pursue Booth, Boyes or JBo.

Staal is our best option as 3rd line center, but should the opportunity to get Booth, Boyes or JBo arise, I definitely think we could make Crosby/Malkin/Talbot/Zig work as our 4 centers.