Thread: Prospect Info: 2008-2009 Hartford Wolf Pack Thread
View Single Post
Old
10-25-2008, 12:12 AM
squishy

vCash: 500
The Pack beat the Philly Phantoms 2-1 tonight. Computer problems, AHL Live problems, and the Rangers game conspired to make me miss large portions of the first half of the game. Parenteau appears to finally getting out of his funk and scored in his second straight game -- a very rare power play goal (they're 3 for 31 now).

Soryal with another entertaining fight in the first with loads of punches thrown. His second one later in the game wasn't as entertaining, but he's won three in a row now.

Sanguinetti with two goals and an assist... too bad his first goal was into his own net. (The Phantom goal went in off his leg.) His real goal was his first pro goal in like 29 games played, from the top of the circles off a feed from Dupont with Anisimov screening last season's playoff nemesis J.S. Aubin. Sanguinetti also assisted on Parenteu's goal.

Wiikman was great, stopping 30 shots and earning 1st star. His posts helped him out three times as well.

On the down side, the team gave the Phantom's way too many power play opportunities (9). Fortunately, the Phantom's suck worse than the Pack right now. It was a particularly rough game for Denisov, who in general I've been pleasantly surprised by, but who took 8 minutes in penalties, including a 4-minute double minor for high sticking.

Jessiman was a healthy scratch (as far as I know -- I could only get the Philly audio feed, and their play-by-play guy is on of the biggest wastes of breathe I've ever heard.) Gotta wonder if it was a message being sent after his late-game penalty that cost the Pack Wednesday's game. Gotta wonder if a similar message will be sent to Denisov tomorrow. Tommy Pyatt got back in the line up after being a healthy scratch for 2 games.

Sugden and DiDiomete barely touched the ice again. I have no idea why the decision was made to send Jamtin and Barnes to Charlotte in favor of keeping these two who it appears will be glued to the bench for 58 of 60 minutes per game.

Its worth noting that Brodie Dupont, who the majority of people here seem to give no thought to as a prospect, is leading the team in scoring, tied with Sanguinetti. Both have 4 points in 6 games played. Byers and Anisimov are next with 3 points each.