View Single Post
Old
10-25-2008, 10:27 AM
mista_lordz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by facey View Post
give your head a shake, Jay is a first liner ANYWHERE in the nhl, accept for Anaheim... and they would just role 3 guys and tell everyone else to sit down...lol

he plays half a game, and is sooooooo friggin good... the guy would have norris's if he wasn't in florida... just like people were sayin bobby lou would be winning vezina's once he was outta there...
I second that very much...

And you got to assume that Beauchemin, while a solid NHL player, has been playin mostly with Niedy... I guess it helps a lot... Whenever you are in troubles, you give him the puck and thats it...

I liked your "starting goaltender mindset" point DeepOrange, however :

When you say that the most important factor when looking for a starting goalie isnt pure talent but mental stability, if by pure talent you mean reactivity, flexibility, agility, in fact physical abilities and by mental stability the ability to bounce back after a bad goal or stay effective during long stretches then i cant disagree. But you forgot to mention something, which is IMO at least as important as the "starting goaltender mindset", its just the style...
A sound positional G, whos gonna be in good position on every shot, controling most of the rebounds and making saves look easy, wont look as spectacular and hardworking as a "scramble style" goaltender but is far more reliable and then a huge benefit for a team; especially those with a struggling or experience lacking group of Dmen...

The "scramble style" might help you gain momentums some times with highlight reel saves, like Boucher, Budaj or Aebisher to quote the one you named, can do from time to time... But will give up more weak goals...

The "positionnal style" is gonna help you keep control of games. It allowes your D to focus on their own positionning, let the play come to them, be relaxed; Proving your defensman that when it gets tougher defensively, their goalie is gonna make the first and unique save, thats what this is all about...

mista_lordz is offline   Reply With Quote