View Single Post
Old
10-26-2008, 01:30 AM
marvelousmotion

vCash: 500
Was at the game and all I have to say is that yes, Brisebois was brutal tonight. Actually, our whole defense was pathetic.. All the Ducks had to do to protect their lead was to circulate the puck down low and protect it with their big bodies and there was nothing we could do about it. It exposed our softness, it was disgusting to watch. They also had complete authority in front of our goalies, no one moved them out of the way. Result? Easy goals on rebounds.

Against that kind of team, a big body like O'Byrne could have been useful. Notice I'm using the word "could'" here, because unfortunately, the kid still does not know how to use his body. His development has been a huge disappointment so far this season, his play deteriorated compared to last year.. I hope he plays better and improves as the season advances, because if he does not, we'll have to find another defenceman to complete our top 4.

Back to Brisebois, if we want to bring our team to the next level and be serious cup contenders, we can't afford to have him in the line-up, period. I don't care whether he's playing all 82 games or not, a good team should not have a player of his caliber in its line-up.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote