View Single Post
Old
10-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post
All right, I'll throw myself in the lava here but, am I the only one who thinks having BGL in the line up is not such a great thing?

Pros : He can intimidate the other team I guess. He is also very good at protecting the puck.

Cons : He cannot retrieve pucks, he cannot join in the play with speedy players like Lapierre and eventually Kostopoulos. He doesn't make good passes.... All in all, he is slow and doesn't have a lot of hockey sens. Because of his lack of speed, he is very poor in the defensive end.

I think he is a good thing to have for the regular season, because he might just deter the other teams to take cheap shot at our players and cause stupid injuries. But come playoff time, I would much rather see a speedy wrecking ball forth line of Lapierre (man is he playing well this year), Kosto (the perfect 4th liner in a cap world) and whoever, maybe Chipchura who played a great game last time!

Please convince me that BGL is of any use to this team, except the for the "not mean enough" goon role...

Edit : Actually, creating chemistry between him and Lapierre/Kostopoulos during the season could payoff at the end of the year. I know BGL can be useful when his linemates set him up behind the net, they just have to find a way to get him the puck , because he won't get it himself.
Why would you post this after he had a decent game? The 4th line were making things happen most of the night, & he kept Anaheim's 4th line honest...in case you didn't notice, Anaheim's 4th line were out there a LOT.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote