View Single Post
Old
10-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Snooki Stackhouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrakaLangKovy View Post
There is no need for Bouwmeester. The defense has held its own so far and will get better when Gonchar and Whitney come back. Gonchar is an elite defenseman anyways. By the way, I think Goligoski is going to be better than Letang. So I;d rather see Letang traded if there was a choice.

BUT...we can keep Letang at a rookie contract for another season after this one so he is valuable, and I definately do not want to trade Goligoski (the next Gonchar ). Gonchar and Whitney are the highest paid defensemen on the team so one of them would have to go to make cap room (especially in trading for Bouwmeester).

Talbot, Zigomanis, Kennedy are great 3rd/4th line centers.

We need wingers.
I don't really agree with this, and it's not just you that has said something along those lines. Goligoski is playing VERY well right now, surprisingly well. Both Goligoski and Letang have very high upsides, but even with the extra year in the NHL, Letang is still younger and still pretty raw. Kris went from the Qmjhl almost directly to the NHL, while Goligoski went from the USHL to the NCAA to WBS and finally to the NHL. The main concern with Goligoski has been his size, but the experience is there. He took a slower route to the NHL than Letang, so the reason for his play that perhaps eclipses that of Letang so far in '08-'09 might not have much to do with pure talent level.