View Single Post
Old
10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
That ad is borderline offensive. Couldn't believe it when I first heard it on the radio.
Wow that's... wow... I can't believe that lmao.

It is offensive, but making laws that are racist against anglos is more offensive if you ask me. What is this a 3rd world country? Oh wait... this isn't a country at all

Sometimes it's hard to remember that fact, cause Quebec feels so isolated from the rest of canada..... idk I think this dumb language stuff has gone on long enough. You shouldn't have to make laws to enforce people to speak a certain language, how about leaving that choice up to said people. Don't even get me started on that dumb law that if both your parents didn't go to an English school in Quebec you have to go to a french one.... obviously many English elementary schools are already closing their doors over the past 10 years or so, it's only a matter of time before English high schools do the same and it further forces more english people out of here.

I get the vibe that the french public is worried English will take over or something, but if you have to make racist laws and dumb commericals, or even ostracize(bah sp?) half your province just so that this doesn't happen, then what is the point really?

Before anyone says something, yes this is my perspective as an anglo.