View Single Post
Old
10-27-2008, 02:54 PM
BATJAM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
I love Staal and think its too early to move him unless he won't resign for a reasonable amount. That said I was bored and was thinking about this:

As has been said around here by a few people we have a guy playing wing that can keep up with Sid right now. It may not be ideal to everyone but if Malkin was okay with a permanent change to wing on the first line maybe we could move Staal to improve the 2nd line. Canucks fans have been talking about moving the Sedin twins since they are UFA's at the end of the year. How about something like this?

To Van: Staal + Sydor/Eaton + Kennedy

To Pit: D. Sedin and H. Sedin

Vancouver gets a possible future first line center, a solid wing, and bolster a weak defense with a veteran defenseman and Staal's defensive talent.

Pittsburgh gets 2/3 of a good line that excels at cycling the puck and made Anson Carter into a 30 goal scorer.

Possible lines come playoff time:

Malkin - Crosby - Sykora
Sedin - Sedin - Satan
Dupuis - Talbot - Pesonen
Fedetenko - Zigomanis - Cooke

Not too shabby in my opinion...
First of all, that trade would never happen from a van pov, as it would leave even more holes in our top 6.

Second of all, Van does not have a weak defense that needs bolstering as you put it. From 1-6, van has one of the best d cores in the league, no debate.