View Single Post
Old
10-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Brandinho

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
I love Staal and think its too early to move him unless he won't resign for a reasonable amount. That said I was bored and was thinking about this:

As has been said around here by a few people we have a guy playing wing that can keep up with Sid right now. It may not be ideal to everyone but if Malkin was okay with a permanent change to wing on the first line maybe we could move Staal to improve the 2nd line. Canucks fans have been talking about moving the Sedin twins since they are UFA's at the end of the year. How about something like this?

To Van: Staal + Sydor/Eaton + Kennedy

To Pit: D. Sedin and H. Sedin

Vancouver gets a possible future first line center, a solid wing, and bolster a weak defense with a veteran defenseman and Staal's defensive talent.

Pittsburgh gets 2/3 of a good line that excels at cycling the puck and made Anson Carter into a 30 goal scorer.

Possible lines come playoff time:

Malkin - Crosby - Sykora
Sedin - Sedin - Satan
Dupuis - Talbot - Pesonen
Fedetenko - Zigomanis - Cooke

Not too shabby in my opinion...
Don't let Vancouver fans see this post. Good God. A young player at a low point in his value, a choice of two aging defensemen and an average 3rd liner for two first line players? What have you been smoking?