Thread: Hamrlik Hurt
View Single Post
Old
10-29-2008, 09:38 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
He panics everytime he got the puck and an opponent is forechecking. Also, he fells on the ice at least 3 times on the ice. I can't beleive some of the people in the forum thinks he could be a #4. He ain't better than Brisebois so far this season and also last season. Since it's still early in the season, I'd even give Weber a shot to see what he can do. At least, he may be useful on the PP.
People who think he can become a #4 (me) think he can become one, down the line. Not today. O'Byrne has about 40 games of NHL experience under his belt and looks alot like Komisarek did his first 100 or so NHL games, that is, absolutely lost. In fact, I think Komisarek looked worse

They're both big guys and they have to learn what works for them at this level and what doesn't. It's easy for O'Byrne to overpower guys in the AHL just using his strength, but in the NHL, even smaller players like Ray Whitney are as strong as him. O'Byrne needs to continue filing out and getting more experience and learning from it. I'm totally prepared to accept all the mistakes because I know 1 or 2 years from now, we'll all be sitting here talking about how dominant physically we are on the right side with him and Komisarek

The team is good enough to play around O'Byrne's mistakes...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote