View Single Post
Old
07-06-2004, 09:19 PM
TheZherdev

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
How can you guys be angry about this? I dont get it.

You dont go around overpaying for veteran forwards when your team is rebuilding and the league is on the verge of armageddon. Thats it. End of story. The less free agents, the better. I'm perfectly happy if Sather doesn't sign anyone of significance and gives a kid like Moore or Wiseman a chance on a top line.
The youngsters should get as much experience in the nhl as they can. everyone says that a vetran player will rub some experience onto the young players. i dont think so. Lets look at pittsburgh as an example. Their whole team was basically rookies. They obviously didn't have a great season. BUt did you look at their run in the end of the season. Im pretty sure with players like balej, wiseman and tyutin, we can some point in the upcoming season (if their is one), the rangers canb do that. We also how an advantage over what pitts had. The rangers stoll have vets dvorak, jagr, and holik. 2 of which had great seasons with the rangers and should be those "role models" you were talking about for the prospects.