View Single Post
Old
10-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
IF Dubi walks, do you think Zherdev would follow?
Of all teams in the entire league -- NYR is probably right up there at the top of most popluar places for players to be.

-Original 6 team.

-NYC.

-Contender.

-Great rep.

-Threats the players well.

-"Playercoach".

-Plays "fun" hockey.

-Many popular players. Lundqvist for Swedes. Gomez/Drury for NA's. Allot of great guys.

Its fragile, things could change in a hurry.

But I think its pretty much a split right now though between us and Detroit when it comes to most attractive team. I am guessing that allot of players would love to go to Detroit because they would get a tremendous shot at winning the cup. Some guys wants to go to like Pittsburgh to get to play with Crosby/Malkin, put up great numbers and then get a big deal. Some probably want to play in Montreal/Toronto the most. But a huge portion of the players would probably rank NYR the highest. I would guess that we are basically a split at the top with Detroit.

I do belive that both Dubinsky and Zherdev will realize that big parts of their success this season, comes from getting a possibility to play on this team. It doesn't seem like Avery is having a ton of fun in Dallas these days. Nyls is dooing ok in Washington right now, but he haven't been a hit either exactly. D and Z have long careers ahead of them.

I think either of them would think it through very much before leaving NY...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote