View Single Post
Old
10-30-2008, 09:58 AM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Funny, I was just joking with someone houtside about how people form such strong opinions with virtually nothing to warrant said opinion.

From what I read, from posters here, he handled physical play quite well last year. Maybe he followed the cash, maybe he felt he was a few years from making it, maybe it's a case of cherchez la femme, I don't know.

It sounds like the WHA days are in vogue except you have the added wrinkle of walking away from your employer's contracts. Both ways. So, I'm not sure what the floral population has to do with anything.
Just because he handled it doesn't mean he liked it. He turned 21 just a few days ago, and here he is getting forechecked heavily in the AHL while watching O'byrne and Brisebois helplessly trip over themselves attempting the easiest of passes. I think he should of sucked it up and persevered through because I think he was closer in line than he really knew (or maybe even 1 more year in the AHL was too much for him). Anyways, even though he's extremely young, I think this 3-year deal blows any chance of him playing for us as he's going to be leapfrogged every single training camp.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote