View Single Post
Old
10-30-2008, 12:48 PM
KingsFan323

vCash: 500
top 5 all time

1. Kharlamov- Most dominant offensive player in hockey, arguably. Looked like he was a man playing with boys. The Maradona of Hockey is the best desription.
2. Tretiak- Greatest goalie of all time.
3. Maltsev- Great hockey player. The definition of a talented playmaker. Put up big numbers and played on a dominant Soviet team.
4. Fetisov- Greatest Russian defenseman of all time. Though he's not the best ever, he stood out with his great defensive awareness and ability to stop the opposing teams best.
5. Mikhailov- Great hockey player who lead the CCCP to many championships. Underrated because his style wasn't flashy but he played great hockey and scored many goals.

Top 5 in the NHL era (1990 to present)

1. Pavel Bure- He was just too talented. If he didn't have to retire so early and hadn't had so many injuries he will most likely end up #2 in the goal scoring list for sure. Bure was the most dangerous hockey player in his prime.
2. Sergei Fedorov- My favorite growing up, he was on another level when he was with Detroit. Dominant stats and very talented both offensively and defensively.
3. Alexander Ovechkin- He will break records and the sky is the limit for this guy. Imagine what he will be 5 years from now, he's only 23. Ten years from now he could be #1 on this list and top 5 in the all time list.
4. Igor Larionov- Was a great playmaker throughout his career and was one of the best ever in his prime. Understood the game like no other on the ice.
5a. Alexander Mogilny- Well I had to put two #5s because I dont know which one to put. Mogilny was great before he started getting injuries and was always a threat on the ice. Scored many points, would have been one of the best ever if hadnt had so many injuries.
5b. Alexei Kovalev- Well he's still putting up great numbers, a top 5 RW in the league though he is 35. Talented and knows how to make noise when he's on the ice.

Last edited by KingsFan323: 10-30-2008 at 01:03 PM.
KingsFan323 is offline   Reply With Quote