View Single Post
Old
10-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Kind of Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Nope. Those players have played that style their whole careers..way back in Juniors...reason why they were drafted or traded to us.

They haven't changed the style they play much since coming to the Rangers, they have always been hard workers.

At the moment I cant think of a lazy player that Renney turned around...When he gets Nazzy busting his ass every shift we can talk..but Nazzy floats around ...love that he is still scoring points..but hes a floater, and Renney is not changing that.

You can make an argument for Jagr..but he just wanted to be in a big city..he had the skill. Same can be said for Nik.

Ill say it once, ill say it 200x times...Sather for the past few years has put together a team that bust their ass off every night and know how to win.
I don't think I have to show that Renney "changed" certain people to prove my point. Regardless of what they were considered to be in the past, I still believe players/a team can go one way or the other depending on the coach and the environment, and when a team is collectively and consistently hardworking, and over a long period of time, that's a reflection on the coach. (I don't want to continually harp on work ethic like that's the only significant intangible at play, but that's where our conversation took us so I'm just finishing the point)

We can agree to disagree, that's fine.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote