View Single Post
Old
10-31-2008, 10:53 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I think Plekanec is playing fine... he just isn't getting breaks right now...

Here is a guy who had 13 shots on saturday.... was great on the PK yesterday... had one shot hit the crossbar last night, and another where he was robbed by a nice glove save by Harding in the third period. If he keeps playing like this his pts will come.

AKost is the one playing the worst on that line IMO. However, I realize he is just back from injury so I'm willing to give him time.
The posters, WTK amongst others who'd much prefer A.Kost. on the right, have a point, but it really doesn't fit overall right now. He has played well with Kovy. Not everyone does that. As he improved last year, he made his own space, in contrats to ealier in the year when he was like a puupy retrieving the puck for #27. He's a bit off right now, they aren't quite in sync, but it isn't like they've gone on a 2 week dry spell, they just haven't tore it up like we'd hoped.

Keep in mind hat there are certain combos that we've seen that don't work. Higgins can play with any C, and any winger except Kovalev. His north south style wastes what he does well. It just doesn't work,imo. Koivu/Kovalev works short term behind 2 goals, sometimes to kickstart some offense, but long term there isn't enough puck to go around. Koivu wants you to give and go a bit, move to open ice while Kovy wants to set the pace, beat a guy then hit the open man. It's ok in desperation hockey but not long term.

Kovalev can play with Lang but I think that he really appreciates having the speed around him that Plekanec and AK bring. I just don't see any reason to not let guys come together a bit.

I think Tanguay could learn to play with anyone, the brothers could combine with Lang or Pleks, Latendresse might be ok with Lang, but quickness and opening up space could be an issue.

Watch S.Kost., I think he's key down the road to what lines can be juggled. He had a rough go with Kovalev but if he can move around and be effective, it opens up options.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote