View Single Post
Old
10-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I thionk Jessiman was a Don Maloney & Tom Renney pick. Sather generally doesn't meet the top draft chioices until they are on the podium.

And I would like to point out a bit of revisionist history going on here. When Jessiman was drafted in 2003 there were a ton of people on this board and elsewhere hailing the pick. I know that's not everyone and I also know that some of you who have hung around weren't exactly big enthusiasts (Edge comes to mind) but there were plenty of enthusiastic supporters, many who had him pegged as "their sleeper" and not nearly as many experts as I'm reading here this week. Look, the draft can be a big crapshoot. How many people here were pissed Lundqvist lasted until the 7th round? And what about Girardi?
True, there was alot of people on here who liked the pick. Edge was a big Getzlaf fan, I championed Parise, Carter & Richards(of course they all went to division rivals). But make no mistake - that first round had alot of attractive players and we took the biggest stretch of them all. As I've said, we took Hugh at a time when we couldnt afford to take that big a risk, our cupboard was bare.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote