View Single Post
Old
10-31-2008, 07:02 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
This team really started becoming a playoff contender a few years back when Renney came in and held each and every player accountable for their play in the defensive zone, having players realize the importance of putting their heads down and skating back hard to break up a play or pick up a trailer. Before Renney got here. Their pk was absolutely horrible. I know it was one of the worst in the league. So when Renney talks about "sticking to a plan or a system that will protect the team." This is what he's talking about. So as long as this team plays solid team defense (especially for 60 minutes), the Rangers will be okay through out the season.

However, for this team to take it to the next level. Which is the conference finals, it will boil down to how how far Gomez and Drury can carry the load. Yes, it's been a very pleasant surprise thus far with the Play Station line. I for one, am a Gomez fan and think he'll be fine. I know I'm in the minority on this. And it's not just because of his lack of production thus far. But I think Sather made a mistake by signing Drury.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote