View Single Post
Old
10-31-2008, 07:12 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
koivu is not an average NHLer. He's in the top third of NHL players. Dandenault is a below NHLer, Begin, Kostopoulos.

Ryder, Boullion, are players with average skills. If you had to give them a mark it would be in the 60-70 range. exactly where I would put Lats.
Ryder is 28..Bouillon 33..I somewhat agree with your estimate of their skills.
But Lats is 21, still has a lot to learn and a great deal of potential.

Ryder didn't have the same potential Lats has.

Quote:
And you want to tell me that I distort the facts. In your world Lats has the 5th fastest speed on this team. Pass me that joint.

Koivu
Tanguay
Kostitsyn 1
Kostistyn 2
Higgins
Plekanec
Dandenault
Lapierre

Yeah he's definitely in that group. What do you do for a living? Stand up comedy

There's others but I won't get into it. This is exactly what I mean by the distortion of facts.
There you go, not reading clearly what I wrote because of your hate for Lats.

It's not in my world, it's in the papers. What they reported also comes from the speed coach or which ever ''expert'' it was.

I have a hard time believing it, but the ONLY way to have proof of that is by clocking them.
All the players you've mentioned have much better accelerations than Lats. But there's no way of knowing their raw speed. Don't blame me if you don't understand the difference.

Like I said, I don't really agree with it, but since there's no way of knowing how fast our players are in terms of pure speed, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to whomever said it.

You should do the same instead of thinking you know better when you clearly don't.

Quote:
Kriss, I'm not critical of Lats. I'm critical of fans who came here and make unrealistic evaluations of the kid. Lats will be an average NHLer.
Like I said, claiming to know what type of career Lats will have when he's only 21 doesn't seem quite realistic to me.
Since you clearly think you're a realist, you should agree with me on that.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-01-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote