View Single Post
Old
10-31-2008, 07:31 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ryder is 28..Bouillon 33..I somewhat agree with your estimate of their skills.
But Lats is 21, still has a lot to learn and a great deal of potential.

Ryder didn't have the same potential Lats has.
Look, I've seen Tremblay come up, Reisborough, Shutt, Lafleur and all the others after that. I know what a young player should look like and what to expect from him

Tremblay has a bad name on this site but I'll tell you this Tremblay at 18 was head and shoulders above Lats now at 21-22. Granted he had the benefit of coaches like Ruel and Bowman but he was a much better player and he was a gritty hockey player. Except for those useless body checks, Lats' play is soft. He loses most of his battles against the boards. His defensive play makes me wish we had Ryder back and his offensive positioning is at odds with his linemates.

Why do you think his play time is gradually being reduced? He's playing badly. He's suppose to be a powerforward....damn it Tanguay can show him a thing or two about playing in front of the net. A finesse player with a rep of being soft like Tanguay is constantly in front of the net battling it out for the puck. And where is Lats? Definitely not in front of the net.

The potential you speak of is minimal and was ******** by management's bad decision to keep him on the big team when he should have gone down.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote