View Single Post
Old
10-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Krautso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I understand where you're coming from and I also understand a little where nyhabsfan is coming from as well.

Like I mentioned in my last post. I'm not going to get into a debate about who is a better overall player. It's pretty easy to see that the answer is Higgins.

What caught my attention was Latendresse being called a "borderline NHL'er". You don't score 16 goals in each of your first 2 seasons while playing 3rd line minutes if you are.

Do I think Higgins would be a better fit. Yes I do, he's already proven in the past to have great chemistry with Koivu.

But again like I mentioned in my last post. I don't think Latendresse has played himself off of Koivu's line. Obviously he could be better, so hopefully he's given another 10 games or so to see what he can do.
Good post but I think lats is benefiting from the tanguay factor. We don't know what the expectations should have been for a koivu/tanguay line and right now everyone is happy with the current production (especially with the premature reports of koivu's body breaking down and his game deteriorating).

The argument I guess is there are lots of fans who think that putting a better player on that line could reap even more benefits. Since the other lines are kind of sputtering, there's really no risk of hurting the chemistry there so whats the risk?

Myself, I'm happy with the production and I'd rather see a Higgins/Lang/S.Kost line produce like I think they can to help balance the attack (also assuming the pleks line returns to form).

As for the higgins/lats debate. There is absolutely no competition. Maybe if it was a pie eating contest but hockey-wise higgins is twice the player.

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote