View Single Post
Old
11-01-2008, 02:20 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
For all of you's information, I was not bashing Higgins. I just said that being the player he is, he should try to give the puck as soon as possible entering the offensive zone, and try to find a spot in front of the net where he'll pot in a few goals. When he was having more success between March 2006 and November 2006, that's exactly what he was doing. Out of his 82 goals in the league, I'm sure about 65 have been scored in a situation where he was doing what I said : i.e. giving the puck to a teammate, going to the net, and waiting for a pass/rebound. He's a fast player, and that's why he could free himself so easily to be alone in front of the opponent's goalie. However, when he has the puck, he'll rarely be able to take a good shot, because 1 on 1, he is worst than Latendresse IMO. His strenght is the ability he has to free himself just at the right spot. But as long as he'll keep on trying to carry the puck in the offensive zone, he'll never be effective as he was a couple of years ago.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote