View Single Post
Old
11-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Third Period
Again a lacklustre period with the noteable exception of Miikka. The defensive zone coverage was mostly very good with a couple lapses. One of which did lead to a goal by the Kings. I actually can’t blame anyone as Langkow’s block went straight to Kopitar who popped it in, and Miikka never stood a chance.

Save of the Game™ has to go to Labarbera’s first and then second saves on Langkow ealier on in the period. If not for his saves the game is pretty much over. As it was the game was for too close for my liking. It should have easily been the Flames from the get go, but the the King’s really set the tone that period.

Bertuzzi was also a force especially when he backed into the checker and placed the puck right on Lanks stick to secure the win. Beauty pass, and a perfect shot!

Overall Impressions
Not a good game. Not a bad game, but not a good one. The energy and intensity of a good solid Flames team just wasn’t there. Play like this against almost any other team in the league and it’s a loss. Thankfully they managed to pull it out and get the 6th win in a row.

The high points were certainly the stellar play of Miikka. Kipper was exactly what we all know he can be. Simply phenominal. Neither goal can be bl;amed on him, and his play gives this team the ability to run 6 straight wins. Bertuzzi also needs to be talked about as he got 2 assists tonight and made some great plays to set up both goals.

Three Stars By Me
1. Wayne Primeau
2. Miikka Kiprusoff
3. Todd Bertuzzi

I voted 4th line.

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote