View Single Post
Old
11-02-2008, 10:23 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Benchings, scratches and desperation trades. I wouldn't say any is an appropriate answer to 8 minutes of disastrous play.

I'm hoping the loss WAS the wake up call. Might be more effective to get smashed in the face by an opponent than to lose by the skin of your teeth in a decision that could have gone either way. Just gotta put these guys in the video room for HOURS today to review what happened and why. From there, you just hope it's a lesson that improves the team in the long run.

I'm not pointing to last nights third period. It hurts but like you say its a half of period of hockey.

Regardless of the 8 minutes on Saturday and regardless of the 10-3 record, the team imo has too many "just ok" forwards. I know a trade is not easy, but in the land of cyber message boards I really think parlaying a package of forwards/prospects/picks for a true upgrade to the forward lines would be a good move at this point.

I'm not thrilled with Dawes. Not just that hes not scoring. He looks slow and he looks out of synch with the play. I have no idea whats up with him. Im sure they are coaching him about it but its frustrating to watch.

As for Perry P., yea he's the PP coach but thats not his only job and hes not the sole to blame. Im sure he sees the same things we do and coaches the playes, but they are not executing the plan. Too many passes, not enough quick pass + shoot + traffic in front = put home the garbage. Its not rocket science, its pretty much what EVERY team does on the PP. The Ranger players just dont do it well.
The passing is just a little too slow to open the lanes and than they dont shoot or the shot gets blocked

Maybe they need a D'Antoni 10 sec shot clock in practice