View Single Post
Old
11-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Really? I don't think many of us are predicting Sergei will score 30 goals this season but the possibility of him getting 30-40 assists this season is highly likely in my opinion, if that happens then it might not be so unrealistic for him to get 55+ points....if he can score half as many goals as assists he gets.
I think all of our players will have slightly less points than they might get on another team....
We are so deep and so good that none of our forwards is gonna average 22:00 per game on a consistent basis.
This means a slight bit less points for all of them... but because we have a great top 9 it also means more goals for the team.
Could Kovalev get 95 points?? Yeah maybe if he plays over 20 minutes a game he can add 10-15 extra points to his total, but i think we are better off with him playing less and scoring 80 points.
Could Tanguay get 90?? Maybe, but again i think we are better off if he stays fresh for the playoffs and he gets his 75-80.
Higgins 65 points?? same thing... i think he's closer to 50.
and so on down the list.

For sergei, In his third line role.... I really think expecting 55 points is too much. He might get there if everything goes perfect for him.... but if he finishes with 40 points I won't be dissapointed especially at his age, and knowing he isn't getting huge minutes.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote