View Single Post
Old
07-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Word

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
How can we not make a run at Joe? DT wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't at least look into it. Considering age, skill, size, potential, etc. Joe is IMO the best player in the league. We NEED to at least try to get him. I'd be willing to give up Grebeshkov, Brown, and a 1st. Maybe more.
Remember Joe is only 24 and already has had a 100 point season. He would OWN the Western Conference.
The only confirmation of Thornton wanting out of Boston is Brooks. Anyone curious what Boston might want in return for one of the better centers in the NHL? My guess would be the top defenseman [Grebeshkov] forward [Brown or Tukonen] prospects Frolov and maybe a defensemen for him and a spare part or low pick. I wouldnt do that kind of deal. I dont think the Kings are ready for this kind of deal. Sure they have solid prospect base but the Kings themselves dont have top talent even before free agency this year and injuries to Allison and Deadmarsh. Keep in mind what if Boston wants Frolov Viz and one of the Kings top prospects?

Last edited by Word: 07-07-2004 at 08:22 PM.