View Single Post
Old
11-02-2008, 08:43 PM
m00ks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Make excuses for Pittsburgh all you want but 9th place in 5-on-5 situations means we were better than 21 teams including some 100+ point teams. Regarding the attitude, why don't you use some stats instead of lazy arguments like.....
What excuses? Are you seriously going to try and convince me that Hossa made no impact in their ES production? That Crosby's absence didn't hurt their offense? Please enlighten me with an answer.

Quote:
As I mentioned earlier, a whole lot more than just our PP went south in the playoffs last year. If our PP kept going at it's regular season pace in the playoffs, we still wouldn't have got by Philly with the shoddy defense and goaltending we got against Philly....two areas that were also strong (like our PP) during the regular season.
The games we lost were by 2 goals or less. Converting on those PPs would have made a MONUMENTAL difference. Confidence, pace, momentum, there are other aspects of the game than your basic "offense-defense-goaltending" understanding. It all comes into play.

Quote:
You're contradicting the point you made earlier, you said just like last year we live and die by the PP. I guess some people like to argue so much that they even argue with themselves.
Maybe you should read posts within context. Try to keep up. When I said "Just like last year", I was referring to a need that wasn't addressed to go deep in the playoffs which was ES scoring. This year our need is a top 4 D. I was trying to make a parallel but obviously, you couldn't keep up.

If you don't agree with the obvious fact that our #1 PP last year contributed immensely to our success then I might as well just argue with a tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Try Denis as the backup and if there's a problem, the market for a veteran G is pretty cheap. I don't see any problem at that level.

What happens if Brodeur gets injured? And what about Luongo?

If we can get a young guy like Wolski in a deal for Halak, I think that BG should go for it.

Again, like I said, it's just an idea.
I know what you mean, I just think our forwards are doing just fine. Then there's the problem of looking for a reliable veteran G. In my opinion, its too much of a side-way move that BG was referring to last year. Plus there's team chemistry you have to take into account, stability, etc.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-02-2008 at 08:51 PM.
m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote