View Single Post
Old
07-07-2004, 10:30 PM
BronxBruin

vCash: 500
While it's highly unliklely the Bruins would trade Thornton to a division rival (if at all...Mike O'Connell denied the rumors today), the Senators definitely have the sort of players that the B's would be interested in. Their #1 target would probably be Jason Spezza. They almost acquired him from the Islanders at the draft for Jason Allison a few years ago but Milbury went with Yashin instead. Without Joe, the Bruins don't really have any centers...Nylander, Green, and Rolston are all UFA's. Bergeron could play center but was mostly a wing last year. So Spezza would be needed to eventually fill the spot left by Joe. I realize most of you would probably rather trade Havlat instead of Spezza but the B's already have a smallish, skilled winger in Samsonov who plays a similar game and their need for a #1 center with size (Spezza) would be far greater. The Sens would probably have to add another player or two of decent value. I'd personally be hoping for Volchenkov but I don't know if the Sens would be willing to part with both.