View Single Post
Old
11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
First Period
Well with Regher being a late scratch, Pardy draws in, and the so begins the game. The first five minutes were almost identical to the game from yesterday. Standing around and not really doing much. And the Flames paid for that. I don’t blame Miikka for that goal at all as no one in the scrum in front of him could seem to clear it out of harms way.

Shortly thereafter the Flames kicked it into gear and played a much better game. The rest of the period they played smart both offensively and defensively, with one serious breakdown that Miikka covered nicely. First passes out of the zone were crisp and most of the offensive zone passes were well timed. It’s only a matter of time they keep playing like that.

The Powerplay unit, tho held scoreless was very very good. Lots of sustained pressure and pucks on net. They tended to carry the puck in and get set up fairly well. Giguere was the best killer for the Ducks.

Second Period
Again the Flames decided not to show up for the first five minutes and the Ducks took serious advantage of that. 2 goals in 45 seconds just off of a “successful” PK. I put that in quotations because they pretty much stood there and watched the Ducks til they decided to score less than a second after the penalty ended. But then after the 5 minute mark the Flames showed up again.

Sustained puck pressure and a solid forecheck led to offensive zone faceoffs. One of which turned into a goal by a nice rebound by Glencross. He’s been playing very well and tonight was no exception. He was skating, pressing the forecheck, and drawing penalties.

The Powerplay was again very good, and very shutout. The chances were there but Giguere stood tall and denied all. I was very impressed with the passing all round but particularily the power play unit’s crisp tape to tape passes. Keep playing this way and the goals will come. Hard work is invariably rewarded.

Thanks Cory Perry BTW. Not only did you negate a goal, you took FOUR minutes of needless penalties. Smart Hockey? I don’t think so.

Third Period
Well the Flames showed for this whole period. Bertuzzi started it off with a great goal, that I thought came on the first penalty. Well seems the timekeepers disagreed, and so we lose a whole 2 minute PP. Miikka was again stellar that frame stopping shots he had no right stopping.

This was definitely a case of too little too late, and when you don’t play for the full game you won’t win. Just like I said last night, any team in the NHL will take you to the cleaners if you don’t play to your full potential every minute of every game. And let’s be honest, Anaheim outworked and out played the Flames tonight.

Three Stars By Me
1. Ryan Getzlaf
2. Scott Neidermayer
3. J.S. Giguere

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote