Thread: Proposal: DET - PIT Trade
View Single Post
Old
11-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
I agree with Fission that Kronwall is underrated here. I dont wanna get too homer but he is better then all the pens defensemen save Gonchar.

Hes not just your run of the mill 2nd pairing defensemen. He is the wings Num 1 defensemen if Lidstrom wasnt here. Being second on the depth chart to Mr. Norris isnt exactly a bad thing.

When you say every team has a Nick Kronwall I question that statement. He is a player somewhat unique. People see his highlight reel hits and think he is a big tough stay at home guy.... This is misleading.

He is actually a top pucking moving defensemen. He plays more in a style of Rafalksi or Nick Lidstrom offensively (with more flair ... hes abit flashy). The hits are sort of a throw in. We like him so much cause he is a premiere Pucking moving defensemen that by some freak of nature chooses to hit like a truck. He has both. Its hard to find a Defensemen he compares with. Statistically hes probably similar to Pronger... but.. hes faster and not as big. (tough defensemen with offensive skill).

In size he is more like a Scott Niedemeyer. But probably not as fast. But hits.

I cant see him being lower then a 3rd defensemen on any team in the league. That team being Ana. Pronger and Scottie> Kronwall.

Hes young and signed cheep. Hes not a throw in he is quite an asset.

Wings fans love him but we are not sold on him being Nick Lidstrom Num 2. Which is why you see hiim coming up in some trade proposals. Hes a great trade chip and we have some young potential coming up that fill a similar role Ericsson, Kindl, Pyett, Smith.

Let us just say that I disagree, and that is not knocking Kromwell per se. Gonchar, Whitney, Brooks Orpik, Kristopher Letang, Alex Goligoski. GAA sixth in the NHL, Detroit twenty-second. Which has limited meaning this early, but still, it follows several years now of top ten defenses in the NHL and being among the top defenses in the playoffs. Kromwell would have a hard time pushing his way to second on the depth chart and certainly most teams have players like him in their lineup.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote