Thread: Proposal: DET - PIT Trade
View Single Post
Old
11-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Detroit would be crazy to do this deal. Malkin is a helluva player, but if you asked me who I'd rather have right now, Datsyuk for sure. He can put up nearly the same type of offensive numbers while playing unreal D. While everyone is so jacked up about the points thing, why not take a look at one of the most underated stats going - give aways vs take aways,

Datsyuk 06/07 GvA 86 TA 107
07/08 GvA 68 TA 144

Malkin 06/07 GvA 69 TA 40
07/08 GvA 76 TA 69

Last year, the next closest guy in take aways was Modano with 86. I suppose I don't have to inform Pens fans how important this stat can be given they saw first hand how hard it is to move the puck out of their own zone in the Finals.

And Kronwall, for as good as he was at jumping up and making big hits, there should be assists on those hits to Datsyuk, because thats the only option he left many Dmen with to get it out of their zone... suicide passes.
Heh. I wonder why there are not three trade proposals for Datsyuk right now topping the trade boards then? To add to the five hundred or so that have been here in the last couple of years regarding Malkin. Pens' fans are tired of them, but they are an indication of who is coveted more, the 21 year old who leads the league in scoring and has a decade and a half of doing so ahead of him or the 30 year old who averages 20 goals and 42 assists in his seven years in the league. No GM in their right mind would think as you are in the above statement. Including Detroits'.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote