Thread: Proposal: DET - PIT Trade
View Single Post
Old
11-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
I dunno if malkin could be had... But im a guy that suggested we trade Zetterberg last year. Not cause I dont think hes great just I think we could use our assets better. If I was a Pens fan I would probably want Malkin moved. But then again Malkin isnt anywhere near as injury prone as zetterberg. I mean you cant really say Malkin will be overpaid. Whereas if zetts plays 60 games a season he very well could be. Though I think Zetts averages more points per game over the last two years then Malkin. Zetts in many ways is Forsberg 2.0
You would be hard pressed to find any Pens' fan who would want to move Malkin. You can never make those statements in the 100% form, but as close as you can get that is true. And deep down, most here know that he will not be moved as well. In a way all these proposals are annoying and flattering at the same time. In any event I do not say he will never be moved, if he decided he no longer wanted to be here like Gaborik is basically doing to the Wild now, he will be moved and for likely far less than value. I do think given his attitude until now, including putting his money where his mouth was with a long term deal, that is unlikely but possible. I can say with virtual certaintly that absent that scenerio the Pens would never move him.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote