View Single Post
Old
11-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
again I agree , but for me there is a difference between a top 4 and top 6 dmen , and if he doesnt make it as a good top 4, we need another one eventually, do you agree?

have a look at the top 4 of stanley cup winning teams in the past years, and it'll give us a good idea of the level he needs to be at comes spring ...
detroit ; lidstrom , rafalski , kronwall , stuart
ducks: beauchemin , pronger, niedermayer, hannan
carolina : kaberle, ward, Hedican, commodore,
tampa : Boyle, Sarich, kubina, sydor, lukowich
Devils : Stevens, niedermayer, rafalski , white

not saying OB isn't good, but lets be realistic...it won't happen this year ...

there might be mistakes in my list, I relied on memory ...

but just saying, thats beside the fact that all these teams had amazing goaltending... osgood,giguere,ward on fire, khaby, brodeur...

I really think a strong top 4 dmen would give us a realistic shot at the cup this year...
1) as others pointed out Hannan was not a number 4 on the ducks... he wasn't even on the ducks.
2) O'B is not our number 4, nor does he need to be... He needs to develop into a reliable number 6 something he isn't right now.

Our number 4 is Josh Gorges.

Josh Gorges replaces O'B on the PK, he replaces him in the last few minutes of the game.

The thing is for the majority of the game at 5 on 5 we go with a balanced 2nd and 3rd paing... our first pairing is loaded... but our 2nd and 3rd pairings are equal.

To break it down we line up like this

#1 LD - #1 RD
#2 LD - #3 RD
#3 LD - #2 RD

When we shorten the bench... well then Gorges gets more minutes than O'Byrne.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote