View Single Post
Old
11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
So I was surfing through ESPN looking at stats, studs and duds etc... And Something I realized, Anaheim's Bobby Ryan is rotting in the AHL. I thought he was in the NHL for some odd reason. Now we've all heard Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, Ovechkin, Sundin rumours, which are all fun to beat around the bush with, but I read a little note on Bobby Ryan's Profile on ESPN. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/player...?playerId=3264

"News: Ryan has been tearing it up in the AHL with six goals and 11 points in nine games, according to the Orange County Register.
Spin: Ducks GM Brian Burke admits that Ryan should be playing with the Ducks, but the cap issues prevent that at this time. Burke also admits that he has no idea when Ryan will be able to be brought up and there is always a chance that he will have to consider trading him at some point. The Ducks are currently about $900,000 below the cap."

The Ducks already have their team pretty much mapped out, and I doubt Ryan wants to spend time in the AHL when he could be a solid top line roster player somewhere else.

My question is, within the realm of reason, would you go after Ryan? I don't think he would be cheap, but under Anaheim's circumstances they sort of have their hands tied behind their back with salary cap issues.

No need to bash this thread if you don't like it, just thought I'd voice an idea that I came across.

Forget it. With a huge contract on the table being rejected by Burke, with MLSE patiently waiting for him to sign with them, I doubt whether Burke has the authority to trade the likes of Bobby Ryan.

Everyone, including Ryan is putting in time until Burke leaves.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote