View Single Post
Old
11-04-2008, 09:46 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
You don't think? He's not the guy I want in the defensive zone when the other team has some pressure. He often places himself awkwardly positionally and loses his man too often as well. While he has improved from last season - where he was outright bad defensively - it's still not exactly one of his strengths.

Even if you would consider him better than average defensively, he still hasn't shown enough offensive firepower to grant him a top six role on this team. He's not an especially good passer, isn't a strong skater, has average stickhandling, can't beat his man one-on-one and isn't especially good at beating his man to get open. Dawes has a pretty good wristshot. That's his only upside as I see it and that's not enough.

Again, he's not a liabilty on defense so hes not a one way player. He knows how to play both ends and I think your either really reaching to prove your point, I rarely every remember saying "Well Dawes cost us that goal for not doing his job".

And its been 10 games, Dawes is great as getting open for a shot, thats how he's scored so many goals his whole career in every league.

Its 10 games...again, people need to relax a bit and remember not everyone is like Staal/Dubinsky in terms of development.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote